GIFs may have been around for a while, but they’re certainly having a good time in 2012. I’m certainly happy that GIF was picked as the Oxford Dictionaries USA Word of the Year 2012. Of course, Dumbledore expresses it better than I can:
Where would we be without GIFs? In a land of sadness, that’s where. A few of my favorite GIF-related blogs:
- #whatshouldwecallme: the best in general life responses.
- Animals Being Dicks: they’re not always cute and fuzzy.
- Librarian Problems: dewey have the GIFs for you!
- Title to Come: the writing life in GIF form. I try not to reblog every single one but I could.
- Life in Publishing: the writing life on the other side.
Feel free to share your own GIFs in the comments. Happy GIFing!
I have a couple of old ones–one silly, one pretty–in this post. I just put together my last FTIAT post and asked its author, a dear friend, if she felt an old animated GIF of us would be too distracting. Fingers crossed she doesn’t think so!
this Dumbledore GIF never fails to make me laugh 😀